Thursday, July 9, 2009

Think #12 Creating Community Through Blogging

Blogs are great. I love reading them to find information and but haven't use them as a place to have a conversation with a group or to add input to a discussion. After reading the articles in this assignment, I realize that I need to take the next step out of my comfort zone and start commenting.


As far as commenting on others in the Library2Play...there are so many... I am a little overwhelmed on where to start. Time has been a factor on reading the blogs -- it's summer vacation and I have a thousand projects started around the house-- and everyone is at different stages. I just need to find a couple to follow...


The post Edubloggin Etiquette: Student Blogging on Drape's Takes : is a example of how questions posted on a blog will lead to a good discussion. I went to the blog post to find information on this subject but instead I found questions only. The answers to the questions came from the those that posted comments. If no one had commented then the discussion would have ended..The people who posted comments where the ones with the information!


Another thing that I just realize is that you should and can comment back on responses to your posts. Sorry to those who have commented with a question on my blog. I will go back and check my comments today.

2 comments:

  1. Yes you are right we have many things to do and not much time, I just want to start commenting on others people blogs, so that I get some comments too.
    By the way how you post your librarything books on the right?.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. On the Library Thing, I copied the html code from my account and pasted it to the gadget I added to my blog. (Under layout-page elments)Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete