Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #10 Image Generators

This image and the one in the previous post (Thing#10 Image Chef) was made with Image Chef . I found it very easy to use and can see myself using this website to add a little fun to our news letters, announcements, and signs. Unfortunately, I can not load them onto our website.


I was excited to try out Wordle.net as one of our English teachers assigned her students to use this website. The students copied one of their essays into Wordle so they could have a visual on which words they used the most. I did the same with my blog site but could not figure out how to save it to post.

But I did find this link to a great way to use Wordle in the library next fall. I was reading the Wordle Blog and found this post about how the Kaimuki Public Library is using Wordle in a contest called Be Creative: Play Worldle . They post a Worlde using words from a book and the patrons submit the title and author's name for a change at winning a prize.


Another image generator I tried out for this section was the Comic Strip Generator. Again I can use this with our library communications.


2 comments:

  1. maybe if you show the folks in charge how these things could make you website more exciting they might open it up a little? do you think that might be possible?

    If not then maybe you could have an alternative website...like this blog or a wiki... where you use a few of these things along with general info and share the link on your other website?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the main reason they (the district) doesn't alow buttons and other add-ons it because there is not enough space on the server. I will have to ask them again this fall if things have changed. I do have an advantage as most of the librarians cannot edit their own webpage. Beacause I am a sponsor of another organization where I have to have access to making updates on the school website, I can make changes on library page too.
    Yes, I am going link a blog to the website this fall.

    ReplyDelete