Monday, July 13, 2009

5 Card Flikr and More

I am totally going to be the 2.0 nerd. I found this today while listening to a presentation that was a link on my Library 2.0 Google Alert. The presentation Welcome to the NECC Library Learning Tools BYOL Smackdown! was actually a wiki! The video link is an hour long with several different librarians presenting different technology based programs to use in the library and schools. One of the presenters talked about Five Card Flickr and I had to try it! You choose five pictures and tell a story about them. What a great project for High School Creative Writing class. I will have to check to see if it is accessible at my school but if not the students can do it at home and print it out or sent the link to their teacher. Here is the story I made up. "What a Day" http://web.nmc.org/5cardstory/show.php?id=969
Here are a couple more links i checked out and I have only listened to the first ten minutes! Piple.com -- http://www.pipl.com/ A people search deep into the net that finds your visual footprint. You will be surprised what is listed! Also a cute video "My Hope" for students to let them know what the next generation will think of their MySpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment