Friday, July 24, 2009

Thing #18

I am impressed. I downloaded Open Office and it is very similar to Microsoft Office. I work at a school were I feel safe to say that only a handful do not have a computer at home. BUT... many do not have Microsoft Office so the students can not finish a Power Point or a Spread sheet at home. Here is something that these students can download to their home computer and use.
Google Documents is another option that our students should be familiar with as they prepare for college. If the students have a Google account they make and save PowerPoint's and spreadsheets to use anywhere there is a computer. Plus there is the added feature of collaboration on a document between team/group members. I also looked through some of the templates and found one for a family budget plan that looks like something I have tried to make myself but with little success. I will definitely spread the word to our teachers and staff about both programs and through our school's e-news to our parents and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment