Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #8 RSS Feeds

This is what I have been wanting to learn how to use and did not know it! There are so many great blogs and websites out there that I love to keep up on but did not have them organized in one place. It was fairly easy to set up a Google Reader and I know I will find myself checking it regularly for new information. I already have folders for personal and school links!

This fall, instead of sending out an email newsletters to my teachers, I would like to set up a blog that I can share information with them as I learn it. The contact would still be through email to the blog link, but everything would be in one place so they can read as much as they want each time they check the blog. I would include a link to my shared posts through Google Reader. Of course this will work better I our district starts allowing accessing to Blogs! Does anyone else do something like this with their staff?

2 comments:

  1. I know we are able to use blogs in my district. Perhaps you can check with your technology department to see if there are blog sources they allow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started my first blog to share info I thought was interesting and important to the librarians in my district... it grew and grew and grew and now I share with lots of people and they share with me!

    I hope you will try it !

    ReplyDelete