Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing #13 Tagging and Social Bookmarking

I have heard of Delicious before but never taken the time to check it out. It was very simple to down load my favorites into my account. I have been finding a lot of great sites to share with my staff in the fall and now I have an easy way to access all my saved websites when I get back to school. It is definitely a great place to help you keep organized with the websites that you discover and what to use in the future. Tagging was easy to do and I can see why it would be a good thing to have if you have hundreds of saved bookmarks. I don't think this social bookmarking is something that teachers should use with students but is more for a professional level from teacher to teacher. I can see this coming in handy for students that are doing research on the web (if they can't find it in the databases first, of course).
I discovered another social bookmarking site called Diigo.com. Along with the bookmarking you can search the web, join groups, add sticky notes, and highlight web pages like in Furl. With both networks my accounts are still private, as I am still a little gun shy on putting my information out in the public. But if I had to choose, I would feel more comfortable using Delicious rather than Diigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment